Online Tag Renewal for Alabama Residents
Why renew with us?
Frequently Asked QuestionsIs this the official Alabama Registration site?
No, StateRegistration.org is an independent third-party agency. If it was your intention to visit the official state site, you can access it via this link.What are the eligibility requirements for renewing my registration online through this site?
- The vehicle must be currently registered with the Alabama MVD.
- All the personal and vehicular information on your registration renewal is correct.
- You have valid auto insurance that is on file with the MVD.
You will need:
- Your license plate number.
- Your Drivers License Number.
- A valid Visa, Discover or MasterCard.
In addition, you may need the following information, depending upon your county of residence:
- Drivers License Expiration
- Your PIN number from your renewal reminder.
- Street Address and Zip Code
- Valid insurance information for your vehicle.
In addition to the fees you owe the state for your renewal, StateRegistration.org charges an additional agency fee starting at $16.75 to offer benefits that are unavailable through the state portal, including One-Click registration renewals. If you do not wish to pay these fees to use our service, you may visit the official state site to complete your registration renewal.When will I receive my renewed registration in the mail?
Most customers receive their registration materials within five days, depending on varying U.S. mail delivery times.If I have moved, do I need to have my address changed before I use your site?
Yes, if your address has changed, you will need to update it with the MVD before using our site.Why should I use StateRegistration.org to renew my registration?
When you renew with our assistance, you benefit from these valuable enhancements to the standard online process:
- One-Click Renewals: When you submit your renewal request on our site, we store your information securely for rapid, convenient processing in the future. This saves you the trouble of having to remember when to renew, as well as the time spent re-submitting lengthy online forms.
- More Payment Options: We are proud to offer alternate payment options that are not available through the official state portal, such as PayPal checkout and Apple Pay. This makes your experience more convenient, especially when you're on the go or using your mobile device.
- Night/Weekend Support: Our agents are standing by to answer your questions and resolve issues on your behalf during nights and weekends, even on holidays. You’ll never have to wait until the next business day for a reply or resolution as we are always staffed until midnight and over the weekend. And you’ll always get fast, friendly support.
- Fast Response Times: You will receive a response regarding your questions very quickly. Our average response time can be as low as five minutes and we answer your questions from 8 a.m. until after midnight and even on the weekends!
- No Maintenance time: The Alabama online portal may periodically go down for scheduled maintenance, making it impossible to renew until the website comes back online. Our site is always available, which means we’re always ready to process your renewal when you are.
- Mobile Friendly: Our site is mobile friendly, which makes it easy to renew from wherever you are, even if you're on a tablet or smart phone.
- Satisfaction Guarantee: We offer all of these benefits to make the renewal experience better for you. But if we fail in any way to meet or exceed your expectations, contact support and let us know. We’ll do whatever we can to make it right.
- Text Notifications: We will notify you via text if there is an update on your registration so that you can stay informed even if you are away from your computer.
- Ticket Protection: Every year, the state collects millions in revenue from late fees and citations, but we do our best to help you keep that money in your pocket. If you're an active customer and you receive a ticket for expired registration, send us a picture of the ticket that shows the amount due and we'll reimburse you. This offer is subject to the terms of service governing this site.
- MVD Advocates: Sometimes issues arise with a renewal, causing it to be delayed or even denied. This is inconvenient, but it can also be time-consuming. You could end up waiting on hold for up to an hour trying to speak to a MVD agent. We take away that burden by dealing directly with the MVD on your behalf, no matter how long it takes to get through.
Other Helpful Links and Popular Resources
- One-Click Renewals
- MVD Assistance
- Secure Processing
- Night/Weekend Support
- Satisfaction Guarantee
- Fast Response Times
- No Maintenance Time
- More Payment Options
- Mobile Friendly
- Text Notifications
- Ticket Protection
- Apple Pay Accepted
"Wow! I have to say I am seriously impressed. To your management and team...I must say I seriously applaud the responsiveness and quick action on your end."-Steffan M., Texas
"I'm really impressed of how quickly you respond. Probably the best Customer Support I have ever had the pleasure of corresponding with."-Jon L., Texas
"THANK YOU FOR THE PROMPT REPLY, YOU FOLKS CONTINUE TO DO GREAT WORK PLEASE DON'T CHANGE A THING."-Richard D., Virginia