Registration Renewal Fees in Ohio
Renewing your registration will require you to pay a few types of fees: your vehicle registration fee, a service fee, your local and county tax (if applicable), a credit card service fee and, if you choose to renew through our site, our agency fee. The fees are broken down as follows:
Vehicle Registration Fee:
- To register a passenger vehicle, you will pay $31.00 with possible additional fees if you have personalized plates (an additional $50 and retention fee of $10) or initial reserve (an additional $25).
- Moped registrations are $21.00 and Motorcycles are $25.00. Registration renewals are $46.00 for Motor Homes.
- Light Non-Commercial Vehicles (up to ¾ of a ton) cost $46.00 to renew and Heavy Non-Commercial Vehicles (up to a 1 ton capacity) are $81.00 to renew. Commercial Trailers are $36.00 to renew.
- Commercial and Farm Trucks, Commercial Buses and Non-Commercial Trailers are all renewed at a rate that is based upon their weight.
- If your registration has been expired for 30 days or more, there is an additional $10 fee.
- The state of Ohio charges a Deputy Registrar license agency fee of $5.00 for a 1-year renewal.
- There is a $1.75 processing fee assessed for all online credit card transactions.
- You will be charged a fee according to the current postage rate for the mailing of your renewal.
Local and County Tax:
- You may also incur local or county fees at the time of your registration. The fees are determined solely based on your county of residence and range from $0 to $30.
Third Party Agency Fee:
- This site charges an agency fee starting at $17.75 to process your online transaction with the state on your behalf. This fee is not required and will not be assessed if you choose to renew your vehicle through the official state portal. There are valuable benefits associated with this fee, including One-Click Renewal, Night/Weekend email support, quick status checks, error-free processing, BMV advocates and much more. We also guarantee your satisfaction, so if you have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to contact us.
- On the checkout page for your renewal, you will see the above listed fees detailed according to your county and vehicle specifications. The total cost to you will be clearly itemized for you prior to payment.
- Please note that the fees that you will see associated with your vehicle on this website are an estimate based upon the information you have provided to us (car type, vehicle location, etc.) and the final amount charged to your card may vary slightly when we process your transaction with the state.
- One-Click Renewals
- BMV Advocates
- Free Sticker Replacement
- Secure Processing
- Night/Weekend Support
- Satisfaction Guarantee
- Fast Response Times
- No Maintenance Time
- More Payment Options
- Text Notifications
- Apple Pay Accepted
"Wow! I have to say I am seriously impressed. To your management and team...I must say I seriously applaud the responsiveness and quick action on your end."-Steffan M., Texas
"I'm really impressed of how quickly you respond. Probably the best Customer Support I have ever had the pleasure of corresponding with."-Jon L., Texas
"THANK YOU FOR THE PROMPT REPLY, YOU FOLKS CONTINUE TO DO GREAT WORK PLEASE DON'T CHANGE A THING."-Richard D., Virginia